It was an honor just to be nominated. Forget that! I’m a winner, baby!! 😀 A big, heartfelt thanks to Joy of Deciding for Life for bestowing my little blog with such a cool award. If you haven’t visited Joy’s blog before, please do so. This woman is a wealth of information when it comes to all aspects of the adoption process. Her personal experience from being adopted as an infant as well as being a birthmother gives her unparalleled insight into the adoption world. So inspiring!
So, here’s the skinny on the Kreativ Blogger Award:
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know they have been nominated.
Now I have to share seven things about myself that people might actually find interesting? Eek! Here goes nothing…
Number 1: I recently became obsessed with Depression Glass, especially the sherbert servers. This is yet another offshoot of my longtime obsession with table settings, which was instilled in me while attending etiquette classes as a young lass. I recently purchased these little beauties on eBay:
Number 2: I’m running the Azalea Trail Run (a 10K race!) with my husband & sister-in-law this Saturday.
Number 3: My mom is teaching me to sew. Until recently, I could scarcely sew a button back into place, but now I’m making my own curtains! I have a ton of projects planned most of which revolve around the kitchen and dining room (see #1 – obsession with table settings). But what am I most excited to make? An adult-size sock monkey costume. That’s right, I’m going to be the Kia Sock Monkey for Halloween!! “How you like me now?”
Number 4: If I won the lottery (of course, it would help if I actually played the lottery), I would buy a HUGE amount of land and start an animal sanctuary like Best Friends in Utah. If you’re in the market for a pet, please visit your local shelter, SPCA, or go online to PetFinder. Shelter pets/rescues make the best companions! Mocha was a stray that our friends fostered until we moved into our house and had room for her (thanks, Ocie & Hope!). A year later, we adopted Coal from the Animal Rescue Foundation. We found the yellow lab a couple of weeks ago crossing a busy street. After an unsuccessful effort to find his previous owner, my in-law’s have taken him in (much to our delight!). A fine pack of dogs, no?
Number 5: I’m a sucker for goofy movies. Anything with Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, or Ben Stiller is simply a must-see for me. A recent addition to this list is Zach Galifianakis who played Alan in The Hangover. I almost died when he made his “one-man wolf pack” speech! I am sooooo sophisticated. 😛
Number 6: I love antiques, especially culinary antiques. Shocking, right? I’m currently pining over the copper bundt pans, oversized mortar & pestle, and wooden chopsticks holder at Aubergine in Fairhope which specializes in culinary antiques from England and France.
Number 7: Nerd alert! I love learning new things so I take classes whenever I can. I’ve studied photography, cake decorating, French desserts, massage therapy, and even a brief lesson in belly dancing. Now, where did my pocket protector go?
Attempting to narrow my favorite blogs down to seven was absolutely agonizing! There are so many talented and creative bloggers out there. My choices may seem all over the place, but I am the Eclectic Connoisseur, right? Here we go!
- Cynthia Eden, author of “sexy paranormal romance and dark romantic suspense” – Hands down the most talented young author out there! If you’re into alpha males, strong-willed heroines, and plots full of twists and turns, then you must rush out and pick up a Cynthia Eden. Actually, go ahead and buy as many as you can. Trust me, you’ll get hooked! Her latest, Eternal Hunter, gives us an up close and personal look into the world of supernatural beings, one that’s full of danger and desire.
- A Beautiful Mess by Elsie – Elsie is one of the first Etsy artists I discovered. Now, I’m totally addicted to her blog where she mixes cuteness with Indie style.
- Everyday Adventures (of me in the city) – Jessica is a Chicago-based blogger who always has a fabulous adventure to share with her readers. Plus, she does the best giveaways, spot-on movie and product reviews, and you’ll love her award show recaps. She’s a riot!
- She’s Becoming Doughmesstic by Susan – This woman is all about keepin’ it real. Susan and her cakes are a constant source of inspiration. And she’s been known to have an awesome giveaway or two or three!
- Phe.MOM.enon by Holly – This lady can (and does) do it all. Not only does she do a marvelous job with her blog in addition to being a busy mom, she’s also the creator of Utah’s The Hive and the Blogging for Babies campagin. Where does she find all this energy?
- Deanna Raybourn – Deanna is another of my favorite authors. I finished The Dead Travel Fast last week and all I can say is “wow!”. If you’ve somehow missed her Lady Julia Gray series, you better get with the program. The much anticipated fourth novel in the LJG series will arrive in October!
- And last, but certainly not least, is Laurie, the fearless leader of Tuesdays With Dorie. Where would I and the rest of the TWD bakers be had Laurie not created this warm, cozy (virtual) kitchen for us? I can’t even begin to wrap my brain around that one!
Thanks, again, to Joy for presenting my blog with this award. Not only was it fun to share some of my favorite blogs with you, but I made a new friend in the process. You see, Joy is a self-proclaimed lurker, having visited my blog often, but never commenting. How delightful to “meet” a reader! If I have any more friends lurking in the bloggy shadows, please introduce yourselves. I promise not to make you feel bad for lurking…seeing as how I’m married to a lurker. Now, go forth and spread the love to your favorite kreativ bloggers!