You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘healthy-living’ tag.
Hello, there! I could make a lot of excuses for my extended absence, but that would be mundane. The point is I’m back and you may notice a change in the topics I write about. I am trying to become less gluttonous (chocolate, butter, cream, more butter!) and am working towards a more health conscious approach to cooking and life in general. While I will still post about new recipes, I may also write about my latest fitness adventures and goals.
I had all but abandoned my baking until last Sunday when I made this Orange & Rosemary Butter Cake for some friends who could use some comforting. The aromas in the kitchen were enough to make me want to ditch my diet and training plan. I cannot wait to make this cake again so I can try it. If it’s half as good as the batter tastes, then this recipe is a keeper! I have discovered quite a few recipes that I am really excited to try so bear with me as I get back into my blogging groove.
Curious what I’ve been up to this past year? Here’s the highlight reel:
- July 2011 – earned a promotion
- August 2011 – began grad school & diagnosed with hypertension (Coincidence? I think not!)
- October 2011 – finished Urbanathlon Chicago
- January 2012 – quit grad school; ran my first half-marathon
- February 2012 – began practicing Bikram hot yoga and taking Zumba classes
- April 2012 – vacation in Washington, D.C.
- April 2012 – completed my first Warrior Dash
Stay tuned…there’s plenty more adventure ahead as I prepare for my first triathlon and taking my group fitness instructor certification next month. Onward and upward!