You probably thought I’d forgotten about part 2 of my Blogging for Babies series. Ha, not a chance! I wanted to come up with a super cute dessert. Afterall, this recipe will be named after my super cute niece, Maddy.
It will be 2 weeks before I can share the final results with you, but I just couldn’t wait to tell you about the extra-special ingredient I’ve been working on. You guessed it – lavender sugar. Ahhhh….lavender.
I found this recipe for homemade lavender sugar at Tipnut. Since I plan to use this sugar for frosting, I substituted confectioner’s sugar for granulated.
Lavender & Vanilla Sugar
4 cups sugar
2 Herb bags each filled with 2 TBS fresh lavender flowers
1 vanilla bean
- Pour sugar into an airtight container.
- Chop vanilla bean into a few pieces and stir into sugar.
- Place one herb bag towards the bottom of sugar and the other towards the top.
- Seal and store in airtight container.
- Begin to use after a few weeks.
If all goes as planned, I’ll have some adorable mini-cupcakes with lavender-vanilla buttercream frosting to share with you. I can hardly wait! Have a wonderful weekend, my lovelies!